The Ministry of Traffic, Transport & Urban Planning of the Government of Curacao is responsible for the sustainable development of traffic, transport and urban planning where the words complete, safe and clean are vital. The Ministry is an organization in which innovative instruments are used to keep the land livable and accessible.
The mission has the following key issues:
- Reliable (inter) national connections;
- Reliable protection of the society against dangerous weather conditions;
- Sustainable development and continuously strive for optimum utilization of space and furnishing hereof with adequate infrastructure and (public ) housing;
- Contribute to the drafting of (inter) national laws and regulations as well as enforcement.
The ministry has following main tasks:
- The care and supervision of all matters relating to traffic on land, at sea, in the air, and in space
- The collection and dissemination of information and data on meteorological , climatological and other geophysical matters
- Taking care of the careful and optimum utilization of space within the country
- Taking care of the domain land, property, and land